Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Monica Juma said Kenya will open 12 new diplomatic offices in three years. Kenya will have six full resident missions in Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Djibouti, Maputo and Rabat, four consulates in Goma, Lagos, Arusha and Cape Town and two liaison offices in Kismayu and Hargeisa.
Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba has announced the appointment of Thulani Mavuso as the acting director general of the department. He will start on August 1.
Please note that members of the public are no longer permitted to submit their South African Police Clearance applications and the documentation thereof to the Criminal Record Centre (CRC) in Pretoria directly as previously permitted.
The implementation of widespread reforms at the department of home affairs since 2014 is expected to increase the value of the South African passport in the foreseeable future, said Ryan Cummings, director of Africa risk consultancy Signal Risk.
A dire shortage of highly skilled engineers and ICT professionals is severely constraining the growth of South Africa’s high technology sector to the detriment of job creation and economic growth, says Pierre le Roux, group managing director of technology solutions provider, Moyo Business Advisory (MBA).
57 Sloane Street
Tel: +27 (0) 11 467 0810
- Kenya to open more diplomatic officesAugust 6, 2018 - 2:05 pm
- Gigaba appoints Thulani Mavuso as Home Affairs’ acting director generalJuly 31, 2018 - 1:58 pm
- Gigaba confirms resignation of Home Affairs DG Mkuseli ApleniJuly 25, 2018 - 5:53 am
- New Application Process for South African Police Clearance CertificatesJuly 17, 2018 - 9:57 am
- SA passports may soon become much more desirable, this foreign expert believesJuly 16, 2018 - 10:31 am