As the festive season approaches, the department of home affairs will scrap regulations requiring parents travelling with minors to present an unabridged birth certificate at ports of entry. Speaking at a media briefing on Tuesday, Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba said minors will still require the consent of both parents to leave the country. Children […]
If we are to meet President Ramaphosa’s goal of boosting foreign investment and attracting skilled people to our country, we urgently need to optimise South Africa’s current visa application process, urges Marisa Jacobs, Immigration Specialist at Xpatweb.
While President Ramaphosa courts global leaders for foreign direct investment, the headache of how to create jobs in South Africa’s struggling economy persists. There is clearly a need to be innovative and think outside the box. Here we ask: would loosening immigration control, making it easier for non-South Africans to enter and work, lead to […]
According to the Artisan Training Institute (ATI), the current industry shortage of skilled artisans in some trades, offers an alternative and often an even more secure choice as a career path, than securing a university degree. A number of trend reports, including the Department of Higher Education and Training’s National Scarce Skills List, supports this […]
Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Monica Juma said Kenya will open 12 new diplomatic offices in three years. Kenya will have six full resident missions in Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Djibouti, Maputo and Rabat, four consulates in Goma, Lagos, Arusha and Cape Town and two liaison offices in Kismayu and Hargeisa.
Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba has announced the appointment of Thulani Mavuso as the acting director general of the department. He will start on August 1.
57 Sloane Street
Tel: +27 (0) 11 467 0810
- Statement by President Cyril Ramaphosa on economic stimulus and recovery planSeptember 26, 2018 - 1:31 pm
- Unabridged birth certificates scrapped in time for festive seasonSeptember 26, 2018 - 9:25 am
- #VisaAmendments : Highlights from Department of Home Affairs AddressSeptember 25, 2018 - 2:01 pm
- Bated breath as we await the announcement on the amendments to the visa regulations by the Minister of Home AffairsSeptember 25, 2018 - 5:50 am
- Stimulating investment by overcoming immigration challengesSeptember 5, 2018 - 7:18 am